Narcissus Bridal Crown Bulb
Double white with a touch of small yellow petals in the central core.Narcissus Bridal Crown has a perfume that will fill the air with its strong sweet fragrance.
Heirloom Narcissus classified 1949
|Bulb Size (cm)
|12 - 14cm Bulb
|Planting Density (per square m)
|Front border, Middle border, Back border
|Suitable for Pots
Bridal crown is a Tazetta daffodil, meaning it is scented and produces multiple small flowers to 1 stem. THe bulb will produce up to 3 stems per bulb so you can be guaranteed a full flowering display from these delicate flowers.
There are several similar daffodil bulbs sporting small double white flowers including Cheerfulness and Sir Winston Churchill, each with their own distinct yellow corona. Bridal Crown is perhaps the palest of them all.
Like most Tazetta bulbs Bridal Crown can be forced but they require a bit more attention than the well known Paperwhites. And if orceing isn’t your thing then these scented blooms will make perfect long lasting cut flowers
How to cut flowers for indoors
- Plant your bulbs as you normally would in autumn
- Cut the flower stem at the base using clean pruners
- Or lift the bulb if you need extra length
- Cut the stem when the flower is still in bud but just about to open
- Daffodils have a sap that is poisonous to other cut flowers. Do not mix with tulips
- Place in clean water