Alstroemeria plantsMeer informatie
Alstroemerias or Peruvian lilies are striking tuberous perennials native to South America, bearing abundant clusters of showy tubular flowers with peppered markings. Plant these sun lovers in bold groups to add a touch of exoticism to the herbaceous border.
How to care for Alstrommeria
- They make excellent, long-lasting cut flowers — dead-head regularly to encourage more blooms.
- Plant in moist, well-drained, fertile soil in sun or partial shade — taking care not to break their brittle side shoots when handling them.
- Mulch for the first couple of years in frost-prone areas and leave undisturbed to form clumps.
- Alstroemerias can take a year or two to establish but the wait will be worth it!
- Always unpack and plant on arrival.
Why you should order your dahlia tubers from Peter Nyssen
- We are a friendly, family run business with more than 60 years experience
- Our bulbs are packaged in compostable, starch based bags where possible
- We offer bulk prices and free delivery for orders over £100
- We supply flower bulbs in quantities large and small, for all types of gardener from the cottage potterer through to the professional landscaper