Spring Planting Dahlia Tuber CollectionsMore info
Social media is awash with beautiful photos of dahlia bouquets. Get ahead of the trend and try our carefully selected blends of colours and flowering types. Our dahlia collections will flower from mid summer to autumn providing you with vase after vase of cut flowers.
Dahlias are first and foremost garden plants that perform better in beds than pots. Use our collections to plan your summer flowering colour themes. Work with your existing perennials or choose from our colour selector to find harmonious bulbs to compliment your collection.
How to plant dahlia collections
- Choose a position in your garden that receives plenty of sun
- Plant your dahlias 4-5 per square metre
- Dig a hole 15cm deep to make room for the tuber but leave the stem exposed at the soil surface
- Plant in the ground from April
- Or pot up from March and place in a cold frame to protect from frost
A collection will include a number of dahlias selected from our stock individually labelled so you have full control on how you want to plant your tubers. You can plant them in a dedicated cutting bed or spread them around your garden to make the most of their large foliage.
Why you should order your collarette dahlia tubers from Peter Nyssen
- We are a friendly, family run business with more than 60 years experience
- Our bulbs are packaged in compostable, starch based bags where possible
- We offer bulk prices and free delivery for orders over £100
- We supply flower bulbs in quantities large and small, for all types of gardener from the cottage potterer through to the professional landscaper
For more guidance on how to get the best from your dahlias, refer to our detailed dahlia planting guide. Browse our stunning collection of dahlia tubers online today or take a look at our wider range of bulbs to plant in spring for the ultimate selection. For help and advice, call our team on 0161 747 4000.