Dahlia Arabian Night
Delivery: From mid Feb
Alluring Arabian Night Dahlia Tubers have all of the colours of maroon velvet. Flashes of deep red down to a near black centre. A decorative dahlia for a noble colour scheme amongst your summer perennial plants. Plant towards the back of your beds to act as a confident backdrop to complimentary colours.
|From mid Feb
|Sun, Partial shade
|Month of Blooming
|Planting Density (per square m)
|Middle border, Back border
|Good for Cut Flowers
|Suitable for Pots
|Type of Soil
|Fertile, Humus Rich, Well Drained
Arabian Night are beautiful dahlia tubers in deep maroon velvet. Flashes of deep red down to a near black centre. A decorative dahlia for a noble colour scheme amongst your summer perennial plants. Plant towards the back of your beds to act as a confident backdrop to complimentary colours.
How to plant Dahlia Arabian Night
- Plant your Arabian Night Dahlia Tubers in a location kissed by sunlight, creating a stage for their captivating performance. Full sun ensures these summer gems shine in their full, deep hues.
- Gently nestle the tubers in the soil with the eyes facing upward, burying them 15cm deep. Allow generous spacing to grant each bloom the space it needs to unfold its sultry beauty.
- Enrich your soil with organic matter, creating a fertile composition that complements the Arabian Night Dahlia's penchant for slightly acidic to neutral soil. Craft an environment where they can thrive.
- Maintain a harmonious balance of moisture, avoiding waterlogging. Consistent, deep watering during dry spells encourages the development of robust roots, ensuring a crescendo of blooms.
How to care for Arbaina night Dahlia Tubers
- Treat your Arabian Night Dahlias to a balanced fertilizer when plants reach 15cm in height and repeat during midsummer. Follow our recommended application rates for a lush display.
- Pinch the growing tips when your dahlias reach 30 cm in height. This artful touch promotes bushier growth, enhancing the dramatic allure of Arabian Night Dahlias.
- Consider providing subtle staking to support the majestic height of these dahlias, ensuring they stand tall and proud in your summer garden.
- Engage in the ritual of removing spent flowers to encourage an encore performance. Witness the magical cycle of rebirth as new buds emerge.
When is the best time to plant Arabian Night Dahlias?
Plant tubers in the spring after the last frost date, allowing them to establish and bloom throughout the growing season. You can begin the tubers in small pots in a greenhouse from March to protect them from frosts and promote early growth.
How do I store Arabian Night Tubers for the next summer?
Lift the tubers after the first frost, cut back the stem to 15cm. Let the soil dry out which makes it easier to clean up the dahlia tube. Then store them in a cool, dry place, and replant in the spring for a renewed display of single dahlias.
Are Arabian Night Dahlias suitable for cutting gardens?
Absolutely! Elevate your floral arrangements with the sheer elegance of Arabian Night. A great colour to mix with rich reds and oranges and pinks. Cutting gardens are an excellent way to experiment with colour schemes and grow stocks for cutting. You can plant anything you like and decide what works well. Try the following
Why you should order your dahlias tubers from Peter Nyssen
- We are a friendly, family run business with more than 60 years experience
- We have over 250 dahlia varieties in stock
- We offer bulk prices and free delivery for orders over £100
- We supply flower bulbs in quantities large and small, for all types of gardener from the cottage potterer through to the professional landscaper