Dahlia Café Au Lait
Delivery: From mid Feb
Almost entering celebrity status on instagram, Dahlia Cafe au Lait with its soft creamy peach tones is one of our perennial favouites. Its huge blooms are a frequent addition to bridal bouquets and grace cottage and formal gardens up and down the country.
|Apricot, Cream, Pink, White
|From mid Feb
|Sun, Partial shade
|Month of Blooming
|Planting Density (per square m)
|Middle border, Back border
|Good for Cut Flowers
|Suitable for Pots
|Type of Soil
|Fertile, Humus Rich, Well Drained
Dahlia Cafe au Lait is a stunning choice for picked flowers. Pick regularly to encourage new flowers.
Cafe Au Lait Dahlia Tubers is undoubtably of of the most magical dahlia flowers, where each bloom is a masterpiece in delicate hues. The gentle off white hues extensuate the elegant form of each floret. Growing to a fine reflexed point. A large flower head but not too heavy for an excellent cut specimen.
How to grow Cafe Au Lait dahlia tubers
- Add a balanced fertiliser when the plants reach 15 cm in height and repeat in mid-summer.
- Remove the growing tips when the plants reach 30 cm in height. This encourages a bushier form and enhances flower production, showcasing the brilliance of Cafe Au Lait Dahlias.
- These dahlias may benefit from gentle staking to support their height and prevent drooping.
- Regularly remove spent flowers to promote continuous blooming and redirect the plant's energy into producing new buds, ensuring a prolonged display of it's brilliance.
How to care for Dahlia Cafe Au Lait
- Apply a balanced fertiliser when the plants reach 15 cm in height and repeat in mid-summer. Follow recommended application rates for a radiant display of dahlia blooms.
- Pinch the growing tips when the plants reach 30 cm in height. This encourages a bushier form and enhances flower production, showcasing the brilliance of these tubers.
- These dahlias may benefit from gentle staking to support their height and prevent drooping. Install stakes early in the growing season to provide seamless support to Cafe Au Lait.
- Regularly remove spent flowers to promote continuous blooming and redirect the plant's energy into producing new buds.
Can Cafe Au Lait Dahlia Tubers be grown in containers?
We often grow dahlias in containers when we are testing new varieties. You can grow them in pots, however, the tubers perform better in the ground with ample space for the foliage and roots.
When is the best time to plant Cafe Au Lait Dahlia Tubers?
Plant tubers in the spring after the last frost date, allowing them to establish and bloom throughout the growing season. You can begin the tubers in small pots in a greenhouse from March to protect them from frosts and promote early growth.
How do I store Cafe Au Lait Dahlia Tubers for the next summer?
Lift the tubers after the first frost, cut back the stem to 15cm. Let the soil dry out which makes it easier to clean up the dahlia tube. Then store them in a cool, dry place, and replant in the spring for a renewed display of single dahlias. Read how to lift dahlias here.
Are Cafe Au Lait Dahlias suitable for cutting gardens?
Absolutely! Elevate your floral arrangements with the sheer elegance of Cafe Au Lait Dahlias. It is a wonderful dahlia to pair with other colours
Try contrasting colours such as;
Or try subtle light colours like;
Why you should order your dahlias tubers from Peter Nyssen
- We are a friendly, family run business with more than 60 years experience
- We have over 250 dahlia varieties in stock
- We offer bulk prices and free delivery for orders over £100
- We supply flower bulbs in quantities large and small, for all types of gardener from the cottage potterer through to the professional landscaper