Tulip Amazing Grace
Delivery: From end August
Tulip Amazing Grace is a perfect Double Late tulip. Tall and upright with large flower heads held on strong stems. A stunning pink tulip bulb that works well planted with other double late varieties.
|Delivery||From end August|
|Height (Mature plant)||35 cm|
|Month of Blooming||April (Late), May (Early)|
|Planting Time||Autumn, Winter|
|Planting density (per m2)||60-75|
|Planting position||Front, Middle|
|Size||11 - 12cm Bulb|
|Special Features||Good for Cut Flowers|
|Suitable for Pots||No|
|Type of Soil||Fertile, Well Drained|
Amazing Grace is a beautiful variety of tulip known for its elegant and unique appearance. Its petals are a lovely blend of soft pink or peach tones which fade to white at the tips. The edges may have a slightly fringed or feathered look, adding to its charm. The combination of colors in Amazing Grace gives it a graceful and serene quality.
Planting tulip bulbs
- Choose the Right Bulbs: Select high-quality tulip bulbs. Look for bulbs that are firm and free from any signs of mold or damage. The larger the bulb, the better the flower it will produce.
- Select the Right Location: Tulips prefer well-drained soil and a location that receives full sun or at least partial sunlight. Ensure the soil is not waterlogged, as tulip bulbs can rot in overly wet conditions.
- Planting Time: The best time to plant tulip bulbs is in October or November, ideally 6-8 weeks before the first hard frost. This allows the bulbs to establish their roots before winter sets in.
- Planting Depth: Dig a hole that is about three times the height of the bulb. Plant the bulb with the pointed end facing up. The general rule is to plant tulip bulbs 15cm deep
- Spacing: Plant the bulbs at least a few inches apart to allow each tulip enough space to grow and spread.
- Watering: After planting, water the bulbs thoroughly to help settle the soil and initiate the root development.
- Dont water too much over winter but keep moist during the growing period
- Mulch: Consider adding a layer of mulch to insulate the soil and protect the bulbs during the winter.
- Maintenance: Keep an eye on the soil moisture during the growing season. Once the tulips have finished blooming, allow the foliage to wither and die back naturally before removing it.
Amzing Grace is a double late tulip bulb, and will harmonise with many other double late tulips. Try planting with Tulip Canyon
- Tulip Menton Bulb
- £4.10 for 10
- £15.50 for 50
- £72.50 for 250
- Tulip Paul Scherer
- £5.30 for 10
- £21.50 for 50
- £102.50 for 250
- Tulip Copper Image
- £5.00 for 10
- £20.00 for 50
- £95.00 for 250
- Narcissus Pueblo
- £4.70 for 10
- £18.50 for 50
- £87.50 for 250
- Narcissus Thalia Bulb
- £5.10 for 10
- £20.50 for 50
- £97.50 for 250
- Hyacinth Peter Stuyvesant
- £4.50 for 5
- £40.00 for 50